Ensure Offer tracking accuracy by using CAKE's custom testing feature
- Why Test an Offer
- How to Test New or modified Offers
- Understanding and Viewing Test Results in CAKE's Testing Instructions Page
- How to Navigate the Testing Report
Why Test an Offer:
Once you have completed your Offer setup and your Advertiser has placed the CAKE Conversion/Event Pixel(s), it is best practice to Test the Offer with your Advertiser as this is a crucial step in the setup process prior to having live traffic.
The testing process will enable you to verify that Clicks, Impressions, and Conversions are tracking properly.
This process can be done by you, your advertiser or anyone who has placed the CAKE conversion pixel on the confirmation page.
How to Test New or Modified Offers:
To test an offer, open the Offer Card, and then click on the 'Test' Button to access the Testing Instructions Page.
Testing Instructions Page
- Click the Clear button to clear existing CAKE cookies for this Offer on the open browser to ensure a clean test.
- Click the Turn On button to enable CAKE's Test Mode so that Clicks and Conversions are marked as Tests in Reporting and stats such as Revenue, Cost, EPC and more are not effected by test data.
- Click on the Link in the second step to be redirected to the Landing Page, this link is a default tracking link for your Offer.
Once directed to the Offer's Landing Page, you will need to complete all necessary steps in the conversion funnel that has been described by the Advertiser. Once you have completed the steps for the Conversion Pixel to fire, return to CAKE's Testing Instructions Page.
Note: When Test Mode enabled as per step 2, any rules and geo set on offer will not apply/work.
After completing the conversion funnel navigate back to the testing page and click 'See the Results' tab on the Testing Instructions Page to view the Test Results
The details below should appear:
- Date Clicked
- Total Clicks
- Request Session ID
- Event Type: Conversion/Install/Lead or Event Name
- Date Converted
- Test Lead: Yes means that this Conversion is marked as a Test in CAKE Reports.
- Unique ID is the searchable ID number in CAKE for this unique Conversion
- Affiliate Pixel Fired: Yes means CAKE successfully fired a 3rd party Affiliate or Campaign Pixel.
- Order ID: The Advertiser's Transaction ID passed through in the T parameter of the Conversion Pixel.
Note: When testing from the Offer level Testing Instructions Page, the Affiliate Pixel Fired detail will always say No as there is no actual Affiliate or Campaign entity tied to this test.
- Click the Affiliates or Advertisers main tab.
- Click the Testing sub tab.
- Click Recent Test Clicks, Recent Test Conversions or Recent Lead Submissions.
- Search for the Offer you recently tested.
- Click the Unique ID hyperlink to see Pixel Log details and more.
Note: The Results and details of the pixel attempts made by your advertisers can be viewed in the Pixel log located under the Main advertisers tab>>Pixel Log Tab - refer to the Pixel Log documentation for more details.