This document will outline the third step in the workflow process after adding a Vertical and an Advertiser
There are two ways you can add an Offer from within CAKE Basic.
Here is the first method outlined:
1) Hover over the Advertisers Main Tab
2) Hover over Offers
3) Click Add Offer
4) The Add Offer Wizard will open
Here is the second method outlined:
1) Click on the Advertisers Main Tab
2) Click on the Offers Sub Tab
3) Click on the Add Offer button
4) The Add Offer Wizard will open
The Add a New Offer Wizard
1) Name: This is the name of your Offer (Required)
2) Vertical: Every Offer must be associated to a Vertical. This is how you categorize the Offer for search and reporting purposes. (Required)
3) Advertiser: Every Offer must be associated to an Advertiser. This is the company or person who owns this Offer or who has brokered the Offer. (Required)
4) Status: Every Offer must be associated to a Status. (Required)
a) Public: This Offer is visible by All Affiliates and there are no permissions necessary to access the Offer.
b) Private: This Offer is not visible to any Affiliates unless a Campaign has been created.
c) Apply To Run: This Offer is visible by All Affiliates, but an Affiliate cannot access the Offer until they have been approved.
d) Inactive: This Offer is not visible to any Affiliates unless a previous Campaign exists. Once Inactive, the Offer cannot be accessed and traffic will redirect.
5) Offer Type: This determines which type of Offer you are building. There are 3 available options. (Required)
a) 3rd Party: This type of Offer is most common with Affiliate Networks. This will allow you to track impressions, clicks and conversions only.
b) Hosted (LeadGen ONLY): This type of Offer will allow you to accept leads. Leads posted to a Hosted Offer will redirect to either the Review Queue or the Queue for the purpose of selling to a Buyer.
c) Host-n-Post (LeadGen ONLY): This type of Offer will allow you to accept leads. Leads posted a Host-n-Post Offer will redirect directly to a Buyer in real-time.
6) Price Format: This determines the payment method of the Offer. (Required)
a) CPA: This is the most common price format. Conversions will be paid to the Affiliate on a per conversion basis.
b) CPC: This is the "Cost Per Click" format where a unique click is the conversion.
c) CPM: This is the "Cost Per Milli" format where 1000 unique impressions is the conversion.
d) Fixed: This is less common. The Revenue and Cost is a fixed amount regardless of the number of conversions. Can be used for media buys.
e) RevShare: This allows you to pay a % of the Revenue earned on each Conversion.
7) Received: This is how much you will earn from your Advertiser based on the price format. (Required)
8) Default Paid: This is how much you will display to the Affiliates as the "Advertised Price". This value can be modified on an Affiliate's Campaign, however. (Required)
9) Offer Link: This is the URL your Advertiser has provided to you. The Affiliate's tracking link will redirect here, unless an Offer Link Override exists on the Creative. (Required)
10) SSL: Enabling this feature will accomplish 3 things:
a) This will force the Affiliate to place a secure pixel on the Campaign.
b) This will force the user to redirect through a secure version of the tracking link.
c) This will generate the Conversion Pixel on the Offer with "https"