This article will cover:
What Is A Buyer?
A Buyer is the recipient of lead data from a Hosted or Host-n-Post Offer type. More often than not, a Buyer represents a 3rd party that you are selling leads to. Alternatively, a Buyer can represent a CRM where you can post leads.
Buyers receive leads via a Buyer Contract, which is directly associated with a Vertical.
Adding a Buyer requires CAKE’s Lead Distribution module.
How To Add A Buyer
To add a Buyer, follow these steps:
- Click on the Action Menu icon on the top right of your window
- Navigate to the Buyers section
- Click the Add icon next to Buyers
- Add the Name of the Buyer
- Optionally add the First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Phone Number of the primary Buyer Contact
- Tick Send Login Details to provide access to the Buyer Portal (requires an Email Address from the previous step)
- Tick Require Buyer Credit if your Buyer needs credit added to their account before purchasing leads.
How To Add Buyer Prepaid Amounts
A prepayment is money a Buyer will pay before being sold that amount in leads. Prepayments can be added either manually if the buyer is sending a check, wire, etc. or Buyers can also add a prepaid amount directly from the Buyer portal through the Authorize.net integration.
To add a Prepaid Amount for your Buyer, follow these steps:
- Click the Add Credit From Card or Add Manual Credit button on the Home tab
- Complete the wizard with the required details
- Click Finish
CAKE will always deduct from any prepaid amount first before deducting from a Buyer's credit limit. So, to prevent the Buyer from purchasing leads after their prepaid amount has run out, set the credit limit to $0.
How To Add Buyer Credit
Buyer Credit is the monetary limit of sales you are willing to extend to a Buyer before collecting their payment.
To add a Credit Limit for your Buyer, follow these steps:
- Insert the Credit Limit amount into the Info section of the Home tab
- Click Save