Rules Targeting within CAKE allows you to redirect a clearly defined audience to optimal landing pages in order to increase conversion rates, EPC's and other metrics.
This Article Will Help You
- Learn Rule Targeting Options
- Apply Rules Targeting to an Offer
- Add Rule Target(s)
Section 1: Rules Targeting Options
Upon Click of a CAKE Tracking Link, multiple user attributes are collected. Attributes such as, but not limited to:
- IP Address
- User Agent
Knowledge of these attributes allows CAKE to actively redirect users to the landing pages designed specially for them. Targeting options include:
- User Agent - the text description of the user's browser
- Location (Country, Region and City level) - as defined by the user's IP address
- Device - as determined by the User Agent
- Operating system - as determined by the User Agent
- Browser - as determined by the User Agent
- ISP/Carrier - as defined by the user's IP address
- Language - as determined by the User Agent
- Percentage Split - as determined by a random number generator
- URL - we look at the Affiliate's tracking link for the specified text
- Referrer - defined by the Referrer Page passed to us by the browser
- Click Score - (Forensiq Integration required)
Section 2: Applying Rules Targeting
Note: By default, all traffic is allowed to an Offer's landing page. The Targeting method applied will be None.
To apply Rules Targeting, complete the following steps on the Offer card:
- Click on the Traffic tab.
- Click Targeting.
- Select the Offer Contract from the drop-down.
- Select Rules as the targeting type.
- Click the Apply button if you would like Rules to go into effect immediately.
Section 3: Adding Rule Targets
To create a new Rule, complete the following steps:
- Click the New Rule button.
- Give the new Rule a Name.
- Check the Active box to make this Rule available.
- Check Shared if you would like to use this Rule on other Offers.
- Select the Redirect Offer or Offer Contract you would like to send traffic to.
- Select the Rule Target from the drop-down you wish to apply.
Note: If you do not want to monetize the traffic you are creating a rule for, you can select Global Redirect or 404 in the Redirect field.
Once a Rule Target has been selected, a new card will appear that displays the specific targeting options. For example, if you had selected Location, countries will appear that can be searched through or drilled-down into for region or city level targeting. Or, if you had selected Operating System, options such as Android, iOS, Linux and others would appear.
After finding your target, complete the following steps:
- Click on the green action button to move items to the box on the right-hand side of the card.
- Once all items have been selected, click Save to close this card.
- Confirm Rule creation on previous screen then click the Create button
Note: Items selected will be sent to the Redirect Offer (Contract) defined on the previous card. If you wish to reverse this logic and redirect all traffic except for what has been selected, check the box in the upper left corner of the card labeled, "Items NOT selected should result in a match on this target."