This article will show you how to test an Site in CAKE.
- Test Button on the Site Card
- Test Instructions Page and Configuration
- See Testing Results on the Testing page
Site Level "Testing"
Once you have setup your Site, you will want to test the ability to track a click and conversion. The test feature allows a CAKE Client to ensure that the Conversion Pixel has been placed correctly.
The "Test" button is located on the Home Tab of every Site Card.
Before testing, you will want to verify that your pixel has been placed the page &/or server side where the conversion takes place. Once verified, click the "Test button" - a new tab will open within your browser with testing instructions for the Site.
Site Level Tests Results:
When you click the Test button from the Site Card, you will be redirected to a new page that will have Testing Instructions.
This Test Page allows a user to:
- Clear Cookies from a previous Test Session using the Clear button (will only clear cookies associated with the URL in the test link)
- Turn Test Mode “On” - Test Mode flags Clicks and Conversions as “Tests” so that Reporting and EPCs are not effected by test data.
- Testing Link - This is the unique link you can click on to test the Site.
Once you have clicked the test link and converted on the Site, click the "See The Results" button.
Click Info will show the Date Clicked and the Total Clicks.
Conversion Info will show the following:
Event Type: Conversion or Event ( Events only available to those who have Events setup in their instance.)
- Yes informs the user that a Conversion was tracked in CAKE
- No informs the user that a Conversion was not tracked in CAKE
Unique ID is the searchable ID number in CAKE for this Unique Conversion
Affiliate Pixel Fired
- Yes informs the user that CAKE successfully fired the 3rd party Affiliate Pixel
- No informs the user that CAKE did not fire the 3rd party Affiliate Pixel *** This will ALWAYS be “No” when using the Test Site feature ***
The Transaction ID will show the value passed through in the Conversion Pixel on the t= parameter