This document will show you how to add a new Offer.
Adding an Offer is the third step in the workflow process, after adding a Vertical and the Advertiser for the Offer.
An Offer is usually related to a specific landing page or product.
To add a new Offer:
- Click on the Advertiser Main tab
- Click on the Offers Sub tab
- Click on the Add Offer button
- The Add a New Offer Wizard will open
Add a New Offer Wizard
Every Offer required to have a Name
Every Offer requires and is associated to 1 Vertical
Every Offer requires and is associated to 1 Advertiser
Status: An Offer can have 1 of 4 statuses:
- Public: A Public Offer is shown in the Affiliate Portal and Affiliates have direct access to this Offer. No Permissions are required to make a Campaign
- Private: A Private Offer will not show in the Affiliate Portal for an Affiliate that does not have an Active Campaign. Only an Admin User can create a Campaign for an Affiliate for a Private Offer
- Apply to Run: An Apply to Run Offer is shown in the Affiliate Portal but Affiliates have to request permission to have an Active Campaign.
- Inactive: Affiliates do not have access to an Inactive Offer. Affiliates that did not previously have an Active Campaign with this Offer will not see this Offer in the Affiliate Portal. Affiliates that did have an Active Campaign with this Offer will see it, but will not be able to access it.
For the purpose of this documentation, Offer Type will always be 3rd Party, but if you have the Lead Gen side of CAKE Basic, you will also have the Hosted and Host and Post Offer Types as well.
There are 5 options when choosing the Price Format for an Offer:
- CPA: Cost Per Acquisition. The CPA price format in CAKE Basic is to used when paying an Affiliate per conversion, whether it is a sale, download, installation or any other action
- CPC: Cost Per Click. The CPC Price format is used when paying an Affiliate per unique click.
- CPM: Cost Per Mille. The CPM Price Format is used when paying an Affiliate per 1,000 unique Impressions
- Fixed (not to be confused with CPA): The Fixed Price Format is used when paying an Affiliate a lump sum of money regardless of volume of clicks or conversions. The amount will be divided equally across conversions tracked on the campaign until a new amount or end date is specified.
- Revshare: Revenue Share. The Revshare Price Format is used when paying an Affiliate a percentage of the revenue earned on the campaign. Revshare also allows for the total sale price to be passed in the Conversion Pixel. IN this situation, both the percentage received from the Advertiser and the percentage paid to the Affiliate can be defined.
The Received field defines how much the Advertiser intends to pay per conversion.
The Default Paid field is where you will define the default price intended to be paid to Affiliates, per Conversion. A custom payout can be defined on the Campaign for different Affiliates.
The Offer Link is intended to be the link that either the Advertiser has provided for an Offer brokered by a 3rd Party or the direct link to the Landing page if you are personally hosting the landing page.
The SSL check box accomplishes 3 things:
- The Conversion Pixel will be formatted to be "https" making the pixel secure.
- The Affiliate will be forced to place a secure tracking pixel as opposed to a non-secure pixel.
- A user will be redirected form the non-secure tracking link to a secure version of the tracking link to ensure that the user is able to view a page with an SSL certificate installed.