This lesson will walk you through the steps of adding a new user to your CAKE instance. In CAKE, all users have the same view of the system. When adding a user, keep this in mind, if there is something you wish to restrict it will not be possible.
Set Up - Contacts Grid
To add a new user to your CAKE instance, click on your main Set Up tab, then Contacts on the left. This will take you to a list of all your Contacts. On the top right, you'll see an "Add User" button.
Add User Wizard
You can also access the Add User Wizard by hovering over Set Up and clicking on Add User. This option is nice when you do not want to leave, the tab you are currently on.
Add a New User Wizard
Above is the Add a New User Wizard. Enter the users details:
- First Name: This will be the first name displayed for this user.
- Last Name: This will be the last name displayed for this user.
- Email: Will be the user name that this contact will use to log into the CAKE system.
- Include in Mass Emails: When enabled, this user will receive system notifications sent through the Deliver Email Wizard. If disabled, they will be opted out of all communications from this system.
- Work Phone: Is an optional field, where you can enter this users work phone number.
- Cell Phone: Is an optional field, where you can enter this users cell phone number.
- Password: This will be used to log this user into the CAKE system. Note: If no password is entered here, this user will not be able to log in.
Any details added here, will be stored on the users contact card.
Once all required field have been completed you can click the "Next" button.
Note: * indicate required fields.
Once you've filled in all the required information, you can click next and finish, and the new User will be added. At this point, you have the ability to send the user their login information, by clicking on the Send Login Information button.